Monday, January 9, 2012

This is truth

Okay, so I finally decided what I'm going to make my blog about. Being different. It's amazing, it's awful, it's lonely, but it's the best thing in the world. Being different doesn't just mean liking different things than the rest of the world. I'm not talking about being a hipster. (Which is perfectly alright.) I'm talking about the outcasts, the misfits, the rebels, the depressed, the cutters, the anxious, the sick, etc., etc. I'm not excluding the people who like different things than the current trend. That used to be the only thing that I worried about, and it can be pretty lonely sometimes, too.

Anyway, being different is perfectly normal. (Irony, I love it.) My point is, we're all different in some way or another. I personally have a lot of qualities that set me apart from others, and they aren't all very good. I have no doubt that there are other people like me out there, but I can't seem to find anyone who can really relate to me. I know that a lot of other people feel the same way. That is why I'm saying that we are NOT alone; no matter how lonely we feel, there is always someone there that is willing to help us out.

Depression is awful. That is so so true, but we can't let it define us. We might have depression, but it is not allowed to have us. We can be stronger than any depression. We just need to be able to believe that. That's where the problem starts isn't it? I have a hard time believing anything positive that I tell myself, but I'm going to fix that and this is the start.

This is the start to a new, happier me. A me that overcomes the negative thoughts. A me that is happy with how she looks. A me that cares about herself. A me that is OKAY. I'm going to reinvent myself. This is only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment